Thursday, December 18, 2008

Time Constraints

I don't have time to be witty tonight. We had a regular day of school. The #1 son had a basketball game. He also had a choir concert, but did not want to go. Who am I to drag an unwilling boy to a singing? He donated four hours of his time yesterday to set up the electronic components of his choir director's church program for Friday night. That should account for something. This was the third rescheduling of the choir concert. Three strikes, you're out.

The Pony and HH rushed home from the game and went straight to the BARn. There, The Pony drew a dinosaur, and HH cut it out of wood. They both painted it green. This craftiness is because The Pony's class drew names at school, and were supposed to MAKE a gift for their namee. I suppose it's to cut down on kids spending money. The book exchange received lukewarm enthusiasm the last two years. Now parents are making gifts for the kids to give. I know, because the older sister of the kid who drew The Pony's name asked me if he liked baseball. Unfortunately, I had to tell her no. He's unAmerican like that. Too bad if the truth hurt. Now the mom will have to think up another homemade gift. Hopefully, she can work in the theme of ancient Rome or Greece, or computer games. Leave it to The Pony to wait until the last minute to tell HH about his plan. I heard them talking about it last night at 7:30.

It looks like a Diplodocus, the Sinclair Oil dinosaur logo. Except that it seems to have three toes on each foot.

2 comments:

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

Is today your last day?

I think it's a good idea to get them to make gifts. Makes 'em be creative and stuff. Or at least watch their parents being creative.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Miss Ann,
Indeed, it was my last day before Christmas break. A little different from your 'last' day.

The Pony has good ideas. He is just a procrastinator. I know where he gets it.