Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm As Busy As A B...use your imagination

We got out at noon today. I had to make a stop at The Devil's Playground for toilet paper (corn cobs don't grow on trees, you know) and prizes for my Science Trivia that I'm giving the students on the first day of school (anything to pass the time constructively). I heard from a good source, aka The One Who Does The Scheduling, that there have been many schedule changes that are not yet in the Gradebook system. So it's not like I want to check out books yet, or make seating charts.

I picked up The Pony and headed for the Mansion. He had to be my miniBeast of Burden, what with the #1 son traveling to Basementia Buddy's homestead for a short visit with her boy before they all come back to the Mansion. Now I need to get on the stick. I don't know what that means, but back in the day, that's what people said when they wanted you to get busy. It does not seem as pleasant as if they would have told you to 'get on the sauce' or 'get on the ball' or 'get onboard'.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of...wait a minute! That's something used to practice something. Not typing. That's the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy log or some such thingy. What I need to do is get busy. But not in the way some people mean gettin' busy.

It must be OH SO DIFFICULT for foreigners to learn American.

No comments: