Friday, October 16, 2009

Today's Quotable Quotes

You are like a science teacher.

Why don't you just take a two-by-four and whack the self-esteem right out of me like so much cheap stale candy in a pinata? A Mrs. Hillbilly Mom pinata. I have been a science teacher for more years than I care to reveal here. For a wet-behind-the-earringed ears freshman to come at me with a question prefaced by, "You are like a science teacher," is a bit much for my elderly heart to bear.

********************************************************

If I was going to kill somebody, I would not use a book bag. I would use sulfuric acid.

Good to know. Note To Self: Do not drink any unopened beverages or consume any unpackaged goodies given to me by this student.

*******************************************************

How did you get so smart?
I read the directions.

Not a question for me, but for another student who told a group how to make a graph for their little experiment this morning. They were astounded by his answer, which brought on the counter-reply: "Oh, so now you're going to get all smart about it?"

2 comments:

Chickadee said...

LOL at the reading the directions reply. OMG I can picture that scenario...and have witnessed similar incidents.

You really should write a book. :P

Hillbilly Mom said...

Chick,
I would love to write a book, if for nothing else than my own amusement.