Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lazy Woman Falls, Narrowly Missing Recliner

Looks like I won't be bringing home a brand new recliner. With only one week left in my prep football contest, I have fallen into a tie at 6th Place. I am only 5 points out of the lead, but there are four people ahead of me, and one I am tied with. Two bad weeks in a row will do that to you. I blame my hometown team for losing when I pick them, and winning when I pick against them. What's up with that? The other reason was my own fault. I meant to pick West Plains. Those Zizzers are somethin' else. I used to teach at a school that was in their football conference, and everyone down on the Missouri/Arkansas border knows that you don't underestimate the Zizzers. Imagine my surprise when I was checking scores, and saw that I had picked against the Zizzers. That was not supposed to happen. My fingers betrayed me. Such a calamity!

I was all ready to drown my sorrows in some Lazy Woman's Chicken and Dumplings, but Plan Ruiner H walked by the kitchen and said, "Oh, did you put some of that in a container for my lunch tomorrow?" Um. No. Plan Ruiner H had already eaten a portion of the LWC&D, and went out to admire his chickens. I was washing up the dishes, planning of having some lemon pepper baked chicken, which I had packaged the remains of for lunches this week FOR ME, when I saw that the container in which I was saving the leftover LWC&D would not quite hold it all. I put the rest in a small bowl and decided to have that instead. But no. Plan Ruiner H ruined my plans. Funny how that works. So I made up a lunch for him, which has never been part of this marriage deal, each of us agreeing to see to our own lunches, after I would pack them for him and he would instead go out to lunch and spend money back in the days when we lived in my $17,000 house and not the Mansion.

Here's how to make Lazy Woman's Chicken and Dumplings. It's so easy, a lazy woman could do it. Even a somewhat active child could do it. Take a large pot and dump in two cans of chicken broth, two cans of cream-of-chicken soup, and two large cans of canned chicken. Add some black pepper. Boil it up and add a package of cut-up flour tortillas. Boil five minutes, and VOILA, it's done. You might want to add the chicken last, so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.

Bon Appetit!

No comments: