Monday, May 25, 2009

Unwanted Gift

HH found a lovely gift
on the corner of his
Mini-Mansion today.

No, it's not a sausage-
casing. It's a freakin'
snakeskin! From one
honkin' big reptile!

HH says he doesn't
know what kind of
snake left this skin.
He ventured that it
might have been a
copperhead. Who
knows. Certainly
not me.




HH measured the
skin, and found it
to be exactly 60 "
long. That's FIVE
FEET, people! A
five-foot-long snake
was hanging on HH's
cabin!

I hope Farmer H
watches where he
steps. And that it
wasn't a copperhead
skin. I hear they
mate for life. We
don't need another
skin. Really.

6 comments:

Stewed Hamm said...

Copperheads are bastards... every last one of them. Don't listen to what those nimrods from Greenpeace say, it's high time for copperhead genocide.

WV: Facers - the Copperheads that go for your head... as opposed to the ones that go for your feet or butt

Hillbilly Mom said...

Stewingupsomerattlesnakestew,
I believe copperheads are the preferred snake of those holy-rollin' snake-handlin' congregations.

Chickadee said...

Wow. Do Copperheads really get that long? I guess it wasn't a rat snake? I hope for your sake (and the snake's sake too) that it was a rat snake. Ewww.

Do you get Timber rattlesnakes in your neck of the woods?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Chick,
I've seen several black snakes smashed on the road this week. Maybe that's all it was. I don't think we get timber rattlers. The MiniMansion is next to the creek, and there are scraggy rocks all down the hill. I'm sure there's a whole den of serpents lying in wait for Farmer H.

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

If there's a creek, do you have water moccasins? Cottonmouths?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Miss Ann,
Oooooh! I never thought of a cottonmouth!