Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Smorgasbord

No. There's no food here. If that's what you came for, you will be sorely disappointed and very hungry. This is just a Random Thought Thursday on Sunday.

Farmer H moved his chicken coop away from the Mansion. The original 100 feet was not far enough. In doing so, he found a cache of five eggs behind a metal shelf thingy. One of those leghorns was holding out on us. We have been getting 5-6 eggs a day for the last three weeks. What am I going to do with so many eggs? Today, I made some egg salad. The Pony would be perfectly happy having scrambled eggs for every meal. Something tells me this is not healthy for a young Pony.

Have you shopped at The Devil's Playground lately? It's hot a HELL in there! Guess the weather is milder down in Bentonville.

Ice Road Truckers returns tonight. There's also a new show called Expedition Africa that looks decent. Of course, I'm only whiling away the days until Big Brother 11 rears its ugly head.

Is it a bad sign to be seeing black woolly worms crossing the road already? (I haven't been close enough to see if they have black and rust bands of color, but the one I saw by the back door at school during the last week did). I don't remember seeing them this early. I remember seeing them in the fall, because the school kids would always talk about how they predict the severity of winter. Them, and the knife, fork, or spoon shape inside a cut-open persimmon after the first frost, which predicted cold & windy winter, mild winter, and lots of wet snow, respectively. According to an old entry in the Murfreesboro Post: Folklore says that if the woolly worms are abundant, slow-moving, have thicker coats and black bands are wider than the central rust colored band, the winter will be bad. I hope we're not headed for a nuclear winter. Kim Jong Il, that means YOU! Supposedly, other signs of a bad winter are lots of nuts and berries, and many spiders invading the house. I have seen two spiders in my house today, and one earlier in the week. We usually don't have spiders. What do you think we live in, a big ol' outhouse? I haven't checked on the nuts and berries. It all probably means that I have my Mansion thermostat set too cold.

2 comments:

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

Wow. I suddenly have huge berry patches in my back yard, and have seen a spider a day, on average. I killed one in the bathroom yesterday, and one tried climbing onto me back in Charlie's room a few hours ago while I was feeding him. And we don't even have winter here, compared to up there, so...I dunno. We also have lots of millipedes, but I hear they are abundant every so many years for some reason that I could look up but won't.

This new ice road truckers thing with the twisty road is badass! You should watch Breaking Bad. It's good.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Miss Ann,
For the piece de resistance, the #1 son went down to the MiniMansion to get a tank of propane, and said that on the ceiling he saw the BIGGEST SPIDER I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. "It was as big as my hand. Not my palm--MY HAND!"

That Ice Road roller coaster hill thingy scares me. I've always thought of watching Breaking Bad, but for some reason, I haven't. I don't know if I could take Malcolm's dad as a meth manufacturer.