Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer Prison

Excuse me. I am OH SO BUSY tonight, trying to reorder checks online. It is quite an undertaking with dial-up. One of these days, I'm going to move out of my Flintstones world and into the Jetsons age. One of these days.

The #1 son went to his first day of summer school today. He hasn't been to summer school since that summer he was in 3rd grade, and the middle school let him attend as an enrichment kind of thingy. The first day, the counselor left her group of Academic Team people unattended, and they tied my boy to a chair. I KNOW! Kids can be so cruel! What hurt him the most was that a custodian walked in and did nothing. He was not the regular custodian for that building, but one from Elementia. That makes it even worse. Anyhoo, my boy chose not to go back, and I had a few words with the counselor, who laughed like it was all a joke. But it wasn't, not to a 3rd grader tied to a chair by 7th and 8th graders. Those people are lucky that I'm not one to make waves.

Today my boy played volleyball (badly) and basketball, which I wasn't there to see. He reported that the lunch of chicken nuggets included limp, see-through crinkle fries, tasteless pudding in a tiny plastic condiment cup, and no sauce, only ketchup for the nuggets. He would be better off at the baloney sandwich/pink underwear tent prison as far as the food is concerned.

I'm not sure what they're having tomorrow. I heard the Principal announce this morning: "You are each allowed one pop tart and one carton of milk for breakfast." He also wanted an exact lunch count, because "There will be no extras." Times are tough all over. You don't get as much for your free summer school lunch as you used to.

Oh, and in case I didn't mention it...my boy is taking P.E. this summer to get that credit out of the way.

No comments: