Monday, April 13, 2009

I Will Survive

HH's new ugly chickens produced five eggs today. Along with the three yesterday, they provided us with a scrambled-egg supper. Nothing like living off the land. HH is well on the road to turning into a survivalist, what with his plethora of guns, village of outbuildings, menagerie of eatable pets, gaggle of generators, odd outhouses, and attitude.

HH and the #1 son have tickets to the Blues playoff game on Sunday. The boy ordered them off the internet, and printed them out. I am skeptical about the printout tickets. I made him buy the insurance in case something goes wonky or they can't attend. They got the good tickets in the section with unlimited food and drink.

#1 griped about feeding and watering the livestock today, but he went out three times to pet those cute little bunnies. They were ravenous. HH gave them cat food last night, because the feed store which he guaranteed me was open until 8:00 closed at 6:00, and they locked the doors in his face at 5:58. I would have though chicken feed would be more appropriate for rabbits. Still, they ate the cat food, and the hearts of romaine, and the broccoli and cauliflower and carrots that we gave them this morning. Those are expensive rodents.

The Pony has been the invisible boy today. He entertains himself with books, laptop, TV, and talking to himself. I would think there is something not quite right about him, but then I remember that he is HH's boy.

I really do not want to go back to work tomorrow. But I fear that is the only way to inch along toward the end of the school year.

No comments: