Saturday, July 5, 2008

What's Eating Hillbilly Mom

Did you miss me yesterday? I don't mean to put you on the spot. I will just assume that you did. I have to be careful when I assume. You know what that makes out of you and me. That said...

I like grapes.

Really. I'm not trying to be one of those mysterious emails that contain nonsensical minutia. My favorite one of those is: The dentist saved her a seat.

But really, I like grapes. Save-A-Lot had a giant zip-lock bag of them for $1. Only ONE DOLLAR! I got two bags of green grapes, and one bag of red grapes. That's three bags of grapes for less than a gallon of gas! Don't think Mrs. Hillbilly Mom is a grape glutton. Laws, NO! I'm practicing reverse psychology. M-O-O-N. That spells, HH and the boys will eat the grapes if I pretend that I want them all for myself. It's working. A whole bag of green grapes disappeared in two days. I say a whole bag. But actually, about a fourth of the grapes were still in one bag, but half of them were gone out of the other bag. Yeah. Because they don't want anyone to ask, "Who ate this whole bag of grapes?" That's why they leave one Pringle in the Pringles can, and a half-inch of water in the water pitcher, and three green beans in the bottom of the pan, and, well, you get the point.

I don't like grape flavoring. Go figure. It tastes too chemical-y. I don't like grape-flavored soda, or Life Savers, or suckers, or gum, or jelly beans, or Jolly Ranchers, or Skittles, or gumdrops, or taffy, or Jello, or popsicles, or Kool-Aid, or pixie stix, or sherbet, or punch, or cough drops, or cough medicine. Have I made myself clear?

The #1 son is the same way with orange flavoring.

No comments: