Monday, August 10, 2009

No News From Newmentia

I have absolutely nothing to report from my first day back to work, other than it's one day closer to the end of the school year.

There was no big news, no big changes, my Wednesday duties have finally changed to Thursday duties, the lunch duty schedule has rotated so that it is not alphabetical again to start the year, doorstops are still disappearing, there was bartering for the projector cart that I don't even have in my room right now, we will be setting up our own web pages for parents and students in MARCH (which is so close to the end of the school year that why bother?), there is no chance that we will go to a four-day week, the new insurance is f-ed up, my table was last again to access the breakfast buffet, I still have two game duties at Basementia (the second of which falls on the #1 son's first basketball game night at Newmentia), we're having our emergency drills during the first two days of school, and, well, I'm not really ready for school to start, but I'm not in the least bit jittery about it.

I'm planning to check out books and go over safety procedures and give my mandatory safety test on the first two days. Oh, well. Let the chips fall where they may. So what if we end up outside for a fake building blaze and the kids discuss it? Maybe more will pass the first time. That's the goal. Then they'll remember what they didn't know. "Hey, remember during the fire drill, how you told me that for a chemical spill, I need to take off that clothing and run water over the area?" Yep. Works for me.

In other news, Mabel should not be allowed to touch a plastic knife. Ever.

Tuesday is Open House. There will be no blogging on that day. This, from Mrs. Hillbilly Mom, who even blogs on Christmas. I'm too old and too tired and I'm going to miss half of Big Brother anyway. So I decree no blogging on Open House night.

No comments: