Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Nothing To Read Here

I don't have much to write about tonight. The #1 son got knocked down playing basketball at open gym, and I am a bit worried about him. I heard the thump all the way across the gym. The thump that I thought was his elbow hitting the floor, but was actually his head, I fear. He tells me it was his tailbone, but there seems to be padding around that. I don't think it would thump. He said his tailbone hit first, then his head. It's a wood floor in that gym.

Right after it happened, he was dizzy, but continued to play another 5-10 minutes. Then he went to get a drink and was replaced. He played another hour after that game. When we got home, he wanted to sleep, but he does that every afternoon anyway. I only let him sleep 45 minutes. When he woke up, he had a headache, but reported that it went away when he drank a Dr. Pepper. There is no knot on his head that I can feel, but he says he can feel one.

I am in a quandary about taking him to get it checked out by professionals. He says I am obsessing. I say I am going to wake him every couple of hours tonight.

That boy sure has a hard head.

2 comments:

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

So how is his noggin'? And did he get any sleep last night?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Miss Ann,
I called the ER and a kindly nurse told me that the drowsiness/don't let them sleep symptom is highly overrated, and that it was OK for him to sleep, but that if I couldn't wake him up, to bring him in immediately. Which kind of didn't make sense to me, because then I wouldn't be able to drag his 6'2" carcass into T-Hoe to take him there. But she said they would be glad to check him out if I brought him in anyway.

I decided to wing it, and kept him awake until bedtime, and he said he was feeling better, and was fine the next morning.