Wednesday, March 11, 2009

He Has The Power

We had a little storm here last night, which is why my post was kind of late.

There's no excuse tonight, though, unless I can count cooking three different meals for supper, which took me from 4:45 until 6:30. HH had baked Alaska haddock, and the boys had fish sticks, and I had hamburger (no bun because they were stale) and two big fat dill pickles. HH and the #1 son had broccoli and cheese, with HH also having cauliflower, which #1 won't eat. The Pony, who does not like 'vinchtables' was told it was broccoli or salad, so he and I had romaine, tomato, cheese, ranch dressing, and croutons. All were on their own for dessert, because while all of us will eat strawberries, we finished them last night. The #1 son will only eat pears, of which we had none. HH will eat peaches. The Pony prefers fresh fruit but just bananas or apples. HH doesn't like apples unless somebody will peel them for him. #1 must have caramel dip, of which we had none.

Oh, and I also slipped in a load of laundry, washed a sinkfull of dishes, fixed up The Pony's lunch for tomorrow, signed his planner, and gave HH $14 for the neighbor boy who came selling fundraiser items.

There's got to be an easier way to wind down as soon as I get home.

But getting back to that storm...my little heater under my desk sputtered. I thought I had finally used it to death, but the #1 son ran down and said, "Dad says you need to turn off your computer because the weather is bad and we don't have full power. Listen: you can hear how bad it is down here, and we never hear it down here." Which is true. I could hear the wind and rain. So The Pony and I turned off our computers. I went upstairs to find HH watching TV, the light on, two kitchen lights on, the #1 son with two TVs and the lights on in his room. What part of not having full power did I not understand? HH said, "This is really hard on something like a refrigerator motor.

Apparently, HH has a bad case of 'Do as I say, not as I do, Nancy Pelosi fever.'

No comments: