Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's That Time Again

We have been working on science projects this week. All but one kid seem to have one in progress. The news that anybody who doesn't present a project will be referred to the principal, given in-school suspension, and assigned a science project, to be completed before release, is a major deterrent of slackerism. Hey, it works for the sophomore Comp Arts teacher, and it oughta work for me, by cracky!

The #1 son has done next to nothing on his project. It is due a week from Monday. I have no doubt he could throw one together overnight and get an A. And not just because his mom is the teacher. But I'm a bit worried about his lackadaisical attitude, what with his other attitude that he's going to win the local Science Fair.

I hope his airplane-launching plan is better than his individual mail tube idea. That's where we do away with mail delivery as we know it, and install underground vacuum tubes like at the bank, and send each home's mail directly. Cost is no object, apparently. Nor floods, nor earth tremors, nor roots, nor dead rats that might block a tube.

At least he has a five more weeks to prepare for the real Science Fair.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Wonderful to be young with such great ideas and have no thought whatsoever about what aproject like that would cost. I love his thought process!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I'm ready for him to invent something that will take care of my in my older age.