Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Smorgasbord 9/20/09

For those of you on the edge of your seat eagerly awaiting the news of how Mrs. Hillbilly Mom ranked in her local prep football contest this week... she is still holding in 3rd place overall. Again, she is only one point out of 1st place. The two contestants ahead of her are tied with 54 points, and Mrs. HM has 53. Not bad, after four weeks of picking. I'm clearing a place in my Mansion for that recliner.

Yesterday, the #1 son and I went to see The Goods. I know, it's rated R. My sister already exposed my boy to an R movie last Christmas, when she took him to see Role Models. Blame her, not me. I thought The Goods was hilarious, but it's not for all tastes. My mom took The Pony to see Cloudy, Chance of Meatballs. I had planned to see it, but I wanted to see the other one more. And anyway, I think I saw the whole movie in all the previews.

Fall arrives this week. Not that anyone will notice. We've had an extremely mild summer. So much for global warming.

Nothing much to report here. Spot the rabbit is still missing, Goatrude is still tangling herself when staked out on the clothesline, I am behind in the laundry, The Pony is re-reading a book a day, the #1 son took apart an old mp3 player and made a tiny screen that worked like a computer monitor when plugged in to his laptop, and Farmer H is tramping around in his overalls pretending to be a farmer.

This week at work brings me a ticket-taking duty at a volleyball game, and next week brings me a flu shot on Friday.

Before you know it, it will be Christmas break.

No comments: