Monday, July 6, 2009

Crotchety Old Hag

It's that time again. Time for a Note to Self. Not for me... for all of you.

NOTE TO SELF: Do not call Hillbilly Mom and invite myself and my children to the Mansion to swim in Poolio. Just don't. It is not polite. If I wanted you to bring your children to swim in our pool, I would call and ask you. Since I didn't, that means I don't.

There was a time when I would have bitten the bullet and said, "OK. Bring them out." Then I would have been upset about it all evening and all the next day, and I would have given myself a headache holding in the resentment. Not anymore. I am old and crotchety and I am NOT going to make myself miserable just because I care what somebody thinks about me. Buy your own pool. Watch your own kids. And most of all, do not call me and say, "What are you doing tomorrow?" Because it is none of your goshdarn business, and it is extremely forward of you to think that because I don't have an appointment, or say that I'm putting the finishing touches on my cure for cancer, solution to world peace, and the car engine that actually makes its own gasoline out of used disposable diapers, you are welcome to eat up my entire afternoon, leaving me just enough time to make supper for my ungrateful menfolk.

Do not invite yourself to my Mansion. Just don't.

No comments: