Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I've Got Your Number

Every year, there is a new Eddie Haskell.

"Mrs. Hillbilly Mom, did you and the boys color eggs for Easter?"
"Yes. Yes, we did. Did you color eggs, Concussor?"
"Oh, no. I am too old to color eggs."
"Well, we colored them, and they are in the refrigerator right now."

It's a tradition, you know, to color eggs. Concussor's little brothers might have enjoyed such festivities. Though maybe not, because rumor has it that a couple years ago, one of them told another one to "Quit yer cryin' and get off the tit." Perhaps other families don't exist in a Hillmomba, Leave It To Beaver world. Perhaps my boys are just big ol' girls, as Concussor insinuates daily. Don't you go feelin' sorry for #1 and The Pony. Concussor says that about every dude except the one that sits beside him.

After taking roll, I was explaining formulas for work, power, and mechanical advantage. Concussor kept blurting out his opinions about various topics, some of which may have slightly pertained to work, power, and mechanical advantage. I stopped speaking. I gave him the eye. You know, the look with one eyebrow raised. The stinkeye, as some have accused.

"Concussor, I would think that you are too old to be talking out in class without raising your hand and being called on."

He hung his head. "Uh...well...I am...but I do it anyway. Sorry."

Sometimes, Mrs. Hillbilly Mom just has to lay the smack down.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

You go, you are one bad Hillbilly Mom!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I believe in fighting fire with fire. It doesn't pay to rile Mrs. Hillbilly Mom.